Today and yesterday have been an exercise in... well, in Learning. These are the things I've learned:
- I've learned how to edit video footage on my computer.
- I've learned I'm not that good at it, but not horrible either.
- I've learned that it takes over 2 hours to transfer a 2.6 gig video file over the wireless net in the house.
- I've learned that it's pretty simple to make a VCD.
- I've learned that it's also pretty simple to modify Content Management System templates.
- I've learned that it's FUN to make those templates.
- I've learned that using slices in Photoshop to automate image creation is AWESOME.
- I've learned that too many dried apricots can upset your tummy.
- I've learned that a casting agent's name, when searched for on the internet, returns the phrase "Big Penis, Little Brain."
- I've learned that blueberries are nummy.*
- I've learned that PBS specials on tracking the migration of man out of Africa by checking genetic markers is really fascinating.
I've always been fascinated with genetics, ever since 7th grade biology, or whereever we first learned about the Pea Flower experiments. I wonder how different my life would have been had I followed that path.
Genetically African :)
*That's actually more of a remembered than a learned