1. WHAT'S THE STORY BEHIND YOUR LJ USERNAME?
Ta Chuang is from the I Ching. The first time I cast the coins and asked 'Tell me about myself' I got this:
Hexagram 34, Ta Chuang - The Power of the Great
-- -- above Chên The Arousing, Thunder
----- below Ch'ien The Creative, Heaven
The Judgement - The Power of the Great. Perseverance furthers.
Thunder in heaven above: The image of the Power of the Great. Thus the superior man does not tread upon paths That do not accord with established order.
2. NAME FIVE OF YOUR FAVORITE PIG-OUT FOODS:
- Godiva Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
- Truffles (any kind)
- Tostito's Lime chips
- Beer (yes, good beer is a food)
- Hershey's miniatures
3. HAVE YOU EVER HAD A MAKEOVER?
No, but my brother made me get a manicure before his wedding.
4. NAME ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE BEATLES:
John, Ringo, Paul and George... then there was one other who was but wasn't and I don't know who he is.
5. WHAT'S THE LONGEST TIME YOU'VE STAYED OUT OF THE COUNTRY/WHERE?
15 days. Nepal. WOO!
6. ONE THING YOU'RE GRATEFUL FOR, TODAY:
My windows are open!
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HIGH SCHOOL MEMORY:
Auditioning for Show Choir for my senior year. I sang Blues in the Night and did a little striptease (only took off a trench and a hat). The director was pretty much speechless after that, and all the moms in the audience were going crazy.
8. WHAT IS THE MOST INSANE THING YOU'VE DONE FOR/TO YOUR CRUSH THAT HE/SHE MIGHT NOT/MIGHT KNOW ABOUT?
Not tell them. THAT'S fucking insane.
9. DESCRIBE YOUR DREAM WEDDING:
Wedding? I can't even get a fucking date, come ON!
10. WOULD YOU EVER JOIN TEMPTATION ISLAND?
As a camera man, sure!
11. NAME THREE  TEACHERS YOU LIKED IN HIGH SCHOOL/ELEMENTARY.
- Mrs. Puls: 5th Grade. She's get up on her desk and dance whenever we played Bad, Bad, LeRoy Brown. I still love that song to this day because of her.
- Mrs. Raycraft: I had her for summerschool between Kindergarten and 1st grade (not because I was slow, but cause my mom worked). She was, however, the second grade teacher. When the school came to me and asked if I wanted to skip first grade (yes, they made me choose), I said yes, only because I wanted to be in Mrs. Raycraft's class.
- Mr. Payton: High School Physics. Rob was a family friend through the theater. I'd known him since I was like 11. He was one of the California contenders to be Teacher in Space. He worked on the Saturn 5 project for JPL. He inspired me to want to become an Aerospace Engineer. Which didn't happen, but I tried!
12. DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE QUOTE? WHAT IS IT?
Two paths diverged in a yellow wood. I took both.
13. MY FIRST HEARTBREAK HAPPENED WHEN I WAS... [CARE TO SHARE THE STORY?]
Mmmm... third grade. I joined the band playing clarinet to be near Marnie Gomez. But she'd been playing longer and I was in the beginner class. I quit shortly thereafter.
14. THE SCHOOL PICTURE YOU BURIED IN YOUR BOTTOM DRAWER?
I have them all in a trunk. :)
15. DO YOU HAVE ANY WEIRD PREFERENCES? WHAT ARE THEY?
Yes, oddly, I like people who are intelligent, and who make me think. They're my favorite friends.
16. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Why they just don't seem to want me.
17. WHO IS YOUR BEST FRIEND? [care to share why?]
Roger. Oy, I've bitched about him in my LiveJournal before, but can't seem to shake the fucker. :) In college, after my hideous breakup with my ex that I was still living with, I joined the performance group that she was in (do you see a pattern here? hmmm). Well, the ex's best friend was Cara, and Cara was seeing this guy named Roger. When the ex went away to Germany for a semester, Roger joined the vocalist part of the group that I was in. I remember thinking "SPY! HE'S A FUCKING SPY!" But we started hanging out, and something just clicked. He is, literally, my evil half. And I'm his evil half. It's frightening sometimes. I also talked his wife into dating him. :)
18. NAME ONE TV CHARACTER YOU'D MOST WANT TO BE:
The Host from Angel. :) KAREOKE! WOO!
19. IF YOU WERE FAMOUS, AND WERE TO BE A GUEST ON A TALK SHOW, WHOSE SHOW WOULD YOU CHOOSE? WHY?
Oh, Barbara Walters, of course. Only the TRULY famous get interviewed by her.
20. GIVE YOURSELF A PORN STAR NAME.
21. DO YOU HAVE ANY WEIRD SLEEPING HABITS?
I have six body pillows on my bed. Is this weird?
22. WHAT DO YOU PLAN TO DO THIS SUMMER?
Drive around in my new convertible!
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG RIGHT NOW?
When you sleep - Cake
24. WRITE A LINE FROM ANY SONG:
So let's bring on the men, and let the fun begin. A little touch of sin, why wait another minute? Step this way it's time for us to play. You know we may not pass this way again, so let's waste no more time, bring on the men.
25. DO YOU KNOW AT LEAST ONE DISNEY SONG BY HEART? WHICH ONE?
Yes, Whole New World from Aladdin, mostly because there's a fucking AMAZING harmony in the non radio version that makes me listen to it over and over again.
26. DESCRIBE YOUR DREAM HOUSE:
Frank Lloyd Wright meets the Parthenon
27. YOUR TYPICAL SLEEPWEAR:
28. WHAT'S IN YOUR BAG?
29. WHAT'S IN YOUR WALLET?
I don't carry one.
30. HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR WALLET RIGHT NOW?
I don't carry one, were you listening, fucktard?
31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PAIR OF SHOES?
32. IF YOU COULD'VE GONE TO YOUR SENIOR PROM IN A DIFFERENT OUTFIT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
We had a senior Ball, thank you. It was a tux, how different can you get?
33. HOW WAS YOUR SENIOR PROM?
Better than I thought. :) No, I didn't get laid.
34. TELL US ABOUT ANY OF YOUR BIRTHDAYS:
When I turned 25, I had a party. It was awesome, all my friends were there. There was booze, but not many people drank ALOT. No one was drunk, we were all just cool hanging out. Cut to the end of the party. Brian leaves, and we hear a car crash. Run out side, minor fender bender due to snow on the road. We push Brian's truck back into the parking lot, and as we're going to push the lady's car out of the road a drunk driver comes tearing through the middle of everything, hits me, hits the lady and then hits like five other cars in the lot. Fun fun fun.
35. WOULD YOU RATHER BE A HOBBIT, AN ELF OR A DWARF?
Well, if all Hobbits looked like Elijah Wood, a hobbit. Otherwise an elf.
36. WHAT ARE THE FIRST FIVE THINGS YOU WOULD SPLURGE ON IF YOU WERE A BILLIONAIRE?
Splurge? Another Trip to Nepal (this one for a LONG time, with lots of friends). Brownstone in Boston. House in San Fran. Island off the coast of Greece. Lasik surgery!
37. WHAT IS YOUR DAILY BEFORE-GOING-TO-BED RITUAL?
Bathroom stuff, turn off the lights, turn on the music, set the alarm, toss and turn for an hour.
38. WHAT IS THE WEIRDEST/FUNNIEST NICKNAME ANYONE HAS EVER CALLED YOU?
Clay Stevonie Macaroni. Thanks mom.
39. NAME THREE  OF YOUR FAVORITE CARTOON CHARACTERS:
Stewie (Family Guy)
Stimpy (Ren & Stimpy)